Florida Historical Society
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Publications, photographs, postcards, cigar labels, maps, realia, manuscripts, diaries, printed ephemera, artifacts, and other materials documenting the history of Tampa, Florida and its vicinity, with particular emphasis on the area’s Cuban, Spanish, and Italian immigrant communities of Ybor City and West Tampa.
This collection contains Arsenio M. Sanchez's research files, including photographs and audio/video tapes, predominantly related to West Tampa, the Tampa cigar industry, biography, West Florida, and materials documenting his life and works.
The Federal Writers Project consists of selected records used to develop books and pamplets for the American Guide Series. The materials in this collection primarily document the experiences and lives of African Americans, many of whom had previously been enslaved, and includes interviews, typescripts, and other materials photocopied from a collection at the Florida Historical Society.
The collection consists of syndicated newspaper clippings, ephemera, correspondence, brochures, photographs, and articles written about the various places and people of Florida.
- Tampa (Fla.) -- History 3
- Florida -- History, Local 2
- Hillsborough County (Fla.) -- History 2
- Historical markers 2
- Tampa (Fla.) -- Politics and government 2
- Ybor City (Tampa, Fla.) 2
- African Americans -- Florida -- Interviews 1
- African Americans -- Florida -- Social life and customs 1
- African Americans -- Florida -- Tampa 1
- Bridges -- Florida 1
- Cigar industry 1
- Cigar industry -- Florida -- Tampa 1
- Cities and towns -- Florida -- Growth 1
- Círculo Cubano de Tampa 1
- Clubs -- Florida -- Tampa 1
- Cuba -- Relations -- Florida -- Tampa 1
- Cuba -- Revolution, 1895-1898 1
- Cuban Americans -- Florida -- Tampa 1
- Cuban Americans -- Florida -- Tampa -- History 1
- Cubans -- Florida -- Tampa -- History 1 + ∧ less