Matthias Herrmann collection of self photographs
A collection of photographs, books, articles and other items relating to the works of photographer Matthias Herrmann.
- Created: 1995-2004
- (Anonymous). (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Age Restriction. The material in this collection is restricted by age. Patron will be required to demonstrate by State Issued ID that they are of the proper age of consent (18+) to view this material.
Biographical or Historical Information
Matthias Herrmann (b. Dec 4, 1963) was originally trained as a ballet dancer, but later decided that his career was taking him in new directions and he eventually settled on photography. His photographic practice deals with questions of identity and desire, often choosing artists books as the main carrier of his works. From 2006 - 2012, Herrmann was a Professor at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, Austria. He has had exhibitions at the Museum der Moderne in Salzburg, Museum Ludwig in Budapest, Betonsalon in Paris, and Muzeum Sztuki/Galeria Potocki in Krakow, Poland. In 2013, he was awared the Otto Breicha/Rupertinum Preis fur Fotografie award and in 2012 the Kunstpreis furkunstlerishe Fotographie by the Republic of Austria.
The donor of this collection wishes to remain anonymous.
Note written by unknown
0.63 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged in alphabetical order by title.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
- Gay and lesbian studies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Herrmann, Matthias (1963-)
- Lesbian and gay experience. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photography of the nude Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photography, Erotic Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Matthias Herrmann collection of self photographs
- Kevin Arms, 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description