Maggie Thrash collection
Scope and Contents
This collection includes the original artwork for Thrash's graphic novels "Honor Girl" and "Lost Soul, Be a Peace." Content includes concept art, pencil renderings, and watercolors.
- Other: Date acquired: 02/07/2019
- Thrash, Maggie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The contents of this collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at http://www.copyright.gov/ for more information.
Biographical / Historical
"Maggie Thrash is the author of the critically-acclaimed graphic memoirs Honor Girl (a Los Angeles Times Book Prize nominee) and Lost Soul, Be At Peace. Their fiction works include the noir-ish mysteries Strange Truth and Strange Lies, which are set at an oppressive Southern prep school. On their podcast Creep Daze, Thrash discusses Dawson’s Creek and the Twilight Saga. Their webcomic, The Cure for Desire, which is currently active, is a gossipy, funny and earnest exploration of the LGBTQ+ literary scene." --Author website (https://www.maggiethrash.com/bio/)
1.04 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The literary papers of writer, memoirist, artist, and graphic novelist Maggie Thrash (ze/zir/they/her), who is known for exploring LGBTQ+ issues in their work.
Art is separated by graphic novel and arranged according to corresponding book chapter. Miscellaneous sketches are housed together.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
- Graphic non-fiction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- LGBTQ+ identity Subject Source: Local sources
- Lesbian teenagers Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lesbians Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nonfiction comics Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Queer artists Subject Source: Local sources
- Queer girls Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Queer teenagers Subject Source: Local sources
- Queer writers Subject Source: Local sources
- Maggie Thrash collection
- Sydney Jordan, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description