Audubon Florida records
Scope and Contents
The daily journals of Audubon wardens and statewide reports on certain sites and projects cover activities from 1900 to 1970, with most of the materials concentrated between the 1930s and 1950s.
- Created: 1900-1970
- Other: Date acquired: 03/01/2014
- Florida Audubon Society (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
None. The contents of this collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at http://www.copyright.gov for more information.
Biographical or Historical Information
Audubon Florida has successfully protected species of birds across the country, and has made an especially large impact on Florida.
10.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Contains records kept by Audubon Florida and Texas, mostly warden reports on prominent nesting areas. Also included is a collection of glass lantern slides.
Source of Acquisition
Audubon Society of Florida
Method of Acquisition
Accruals and Additions
Lantern slides added to finding aid, 12/9/2019.
- Audubon Society
- Birds Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Birds -- Habitat Subject Source: Local sources
- Birds -- Habitat -- Florida Subject Source: Local sources
- Ecology -- Florida Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Environmental protection Subject Source: Local sources
- Gulf Coast (Fla.) -- History -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Audubon Florida records
- Justin M. White; SJ, 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description