Gordon Keller School of Nursing records
No requestable containers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains records of the Gordon Keller School of Nursing from 1940-1969. Records include scrapbooks, photographs, slides, newsletters, and newspaper clippings. The collection also contains the minutes, dated 1940-1951, of the Gordon Keller Alumnae Association. Due to their fragile nature, scrapbooks were disbound and the pages placed in folders.
- Created: 1910-1972
- Other: Date acquired: 05/00/1994
- Gordon Keller School of Nursing (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
None. The contents of this collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at http://www.copyright.gov/ for more information.
Biographical or Historical Information
Gordon Keller Memorial Hospital, which opened in 1905 on Lafayette Street in Tampa, Florida, was named for Gordon Keller, a native of Georgia who moved to Tampa in 1883. In 1910, the School of Nursing was established. The program was absorbed by Hillsborough Community College in 1972. The hospital, which moved to Davis Islands in 1927, became known as Tampa Municipal Hospital and, in 1956, as Tampa General Hospital.
Note written by unknown
17.03 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
This collection consists of scrapbooks, uniforms, photographs, slides, news clippings, textbooks, bulletins, nursing dolls, and minutes of the Alumnae Association, dated 1940-1969.
Source of Acquisition
Gordon Keller Alumnae Association
Method of Acquisition
- Gordon Keller School of Nursing records
- LH, 2005 / CD, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description