J. Mason Gray papers
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the written works of J. Mason Gray along with a few documents relating to the Florida Historical Research Foundation. Also included in the collection are historic photographs of Tampa and Florida in general, negatives, postcards, other assorted images, manuscripts and ephemera of a varying nature.
- Created: 1972-1986
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1993
- Gray, J. Mason (Family)
Conditions Governing Access
None. The contents of the collection may be subject to copyright. Visit the United States Copyright Office's website at http://www.copyright.gov/ for futher information.
Biographical or Historical Information
James Mason Gray was born on September 11, 1939 in Tampa, Florida. A graduate in Business from University of South Florida, Gray would go on to become a leading historical researcher and writer specializing in forgotten military forts. He is the author of "Historical Site Mapping," "An Encyclopedia of Indian Artifact Identification," and "Florida's Forgotten Forts." Gray was also a co-founder and executive director of Florida Historical Research Foundation, Inc.
Note written by Kevin Arms, 2013
2.59 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
A collection of personal documents, writings, photographs and negatives of J. Mason Gray, Florida Historical Site researcher.
The collection is arranged by material type: 1. Documents 2. Manuscripts 3. Publications 4. Audio/Visual materials 5. Miscellaneous
Source of Acquisition
James Mason Gray
Method of Acquisition
- Bridges -- Florida Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida -- Militia -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida Historical Society
- Historical Research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historical markers Subject Source: Local sources
- Photograph collections Subject Source: Lcnaf
- J. Mason Gray papers
- Kevin Arms, 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description